Engineering Standards & Technical Papers
Standards and Techical Papers can be accessed in print at the Grainger Engineering Library
Many older editions of engineering standards are available in print at the Grainger Engineering Library. Current ANSI-approved engineering standards are purchased in most cases, depending on cost. ISO standards, which tend to be very expensive and proprietary, are typically only purchased by request from UIUC faculty. Superseded standards are not purchased and should be requested through Interlibrary Loan. Please email email@example.com with questions. Standards organizations typically have very strict license agreements and therefore, most standards are purchased in print format only.
- SAI Global
- A useful, broad search for standards, usually without access to full-text.
(UIUC Patrons Only)
- ASTM Standards
- The ASTM Standards and Engineering Digital Library contains standards and technical engineering information covering a broad range of engineering disciplines.
- SAE Technical Papers
- SAE often reissues their standards as Technical Papers. If the standard you are looking for is not available as a Technical Paper a hardcopy may be at the Engineering Library.
- IEEE Standards
- IEEE Xplore Digital Library provides access to journals, books, papers and standards published by IEEE which includes some AIEE & ANSI standards.
- OSHA Standards
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration Law and Regulations page includes current standards.